Thursday, February 12, 2009

Daily Tip For Improvement #2

One secret recently put to words for me is that you should work hard first and foremost on yourself. To steal an example from the great motivational speaker Jim Rohn: A salesman putting in three extra hours a day at work may notice a slight increase in his sales. But that same salesman spending that three extra hours towards improving his skills and techniques, towards understanding what does and does not work, can notice a phenomenal change in his success. The slight change in focus means all the world.

So, I've been a harsh critic of myself recently, asking questions such as:
"Am I correctly communicating across my desired message?"
"Am I making the best use of my time?"
"How do my actions and habits match my long term goals?"

I end with a quote from Jim:
The only way things are going to change for you is when you change. What are you going to change that will in turn change your life? If you keep living the way you are right now, you will continue to produce the same life that you already have. That's the way it works.

No comments: