Thursday, February 15, 2007

Analyze This:

Every time you realize a mistake has been made in your analysis of a company, it is good to step back and try to figure out what you did wrong and what you missed. It can also be a good time to analyze your overall performance. Over the past 3 years, I've sold out of 13 positions. Of these, there have been 8 successes, 2 marginal performances, and 3 realized losses, and my overall returns have been 25% annually. All 3 losses involved mistakes that were avoidable and I believe the lessons will be a great help to readers in their endeavors. The losses were in WHI, BIOS, and TRXI, and over the next few days I will discuss what I have learned.

As for my current portfolio breakdown, there is:
26% SFK
21% FFH
12% BCIS
5% DFC
9% Others
27% Cash

No comments: