Saturday, September 16, 2006

Hi Everyone. I created this blog in order to share my thoughts on a variety of subjects, but I will mostly focus on Investing, Economics, and Politics. I stick to facts and make my decisions based on what I view to be rational. My investment philosophy is based on finding severely undervalued companies that are usually misunderstood or unheard on Wall street, and generally requires a longer term time frame. Occasionally I will post about short term arbitrage ideas that generate attractive annualized returns. With regards to Economics and Politics, I believe in open trade and a free market society, and that government should only interfere to bring about a collective good that individually can not be accomplished. My knowledge and perspective has been influenced by the thoughts and teachings of several "value" investors, most importantly Warren Buffett, Ben Graham, and Martin Whitman. I also gain insight from chronic reading of The Economist. I hope that by sharing my thoughts I will be able to stimulate discussions and criticisms that will challenge me to more deeply analyze and understand my ideas.

No comments: